Access to and use of Arowana.co.uk website (hereafter known as ‘the website’) is provided by Arowana.co.uk subject to the following terms:
By using the website you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use the website.
1. Arowana.co.uk may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of the website after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
2. All material on this site is copyright Arowana.co.uk 2008 unless otherwise stated. You are permitted to view the contents of this site on screen. You are also permitted to make copies of reasonable extracts from the site for your personal use or private study and to save reasonable extracts to your local hard disk for your personal use or private study. It is strictly forbidden to copy any material from this website for commercial use (other than as necessary for the purpose of viewing the site in the course of business). You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Arowana.co.uk content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of Arowana.co.uk content requires the prior permission of Arowana.co.uk. If you have any queries regarding use of material on our website, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. The Arowana.co.uk logo must not be used to link to our site or in other ways represent Arowana.co.uk on other websites without explicit permission from Arowana.co.uk . The only exceptions to this rule are for associated Arowana.co.uk Partners and Affiliates.
4. You are welcome to link to material on the Arowana.co.uk website so long as appropriate credit is given in the link title. You may not link to images or other downloadable resources unless explicit permission from Arowana.co.uk has been sought, or it falls under the general copyright statement above. Please note we do not have a generic ´links´ page. We link to other sites as and when we feel it adds value to the content on our site. The decision to link is an editorial one. We do not generally link to commercial enterprises of any nature except those that we have an affinity partnership with.
5. Content on the Arowana.co.uk website, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Arowana.co.uk, its services (or to third party products and services), is provided without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6. Arowana.co.uk will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, data or profits, arising from or in connection with the use of the website. Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the website, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
7. The presentation of material on this website and the geographical designations employed do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of Arowana.co.uk concerning the legal status of any country, territory or area, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
8. We reserve the right to refuse to supply any individual regardless if payment has already been made or we have previously stated otherwise.
9. All our customers understand that Arowana is an endangered species and selling or breeding of the fish is tightly controlled by national and international regulatory bodies. On this basis the customer takes responsibility for any legal requirements that must be met following their purchase of any of our products. They will also not transport the fish in breach of any regulations or to any countries that forbid their import.
10. We expect all our customers to provide minimum levels of care and due diligence for the well being of any fish we supply them. We reserve the right to refuse to supply and report to the relevant authorities any mistreatment of fish in the owners care.
11. Arowana.co.uk does not warrant that functions contained in the website’s content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
Insurance Terms and Conditions
1. The quotations provided on this site are intended as an indication only based on the information you provide. They´re not binding quotations. If you decide you want to buy a policy, then we´ll ask you to confirm the information you´ve provided. If you fail to disclose any relevant information, or provide any inaccurate information, this may invalidate your insurance policy. If you provide us with information about other people, then it is your responsibility to check that the information you provide is accurate and that the other people have given you permission to give their information to us.
2. When you complete the Payment section of the site, we´ll treat this as your proposal of insurance. You´re not insured until you receive confirmation from us that we´ve accepted your payment and proposal.
3. The decision whether to offer you insurance is at our discretion.
4. The policies offered are not regulated and are done on an "as is" basis between Arowana.co.uk and the customer
5. You should keep a copy of all information submitted to and/or received from us for your own records.
This provides a door to door shipping insurance policy and guarantee’s against Dead on Arrival (DOA) to the agreed destination and delivery point.
Please note the following exceptions. It is understood that this policy is invalidated by the following: If the customer is not at the agreed meeting point or final destination when delivery is made, and the delivery driver is unable to re-deliver the fish within a suitable time period. Any self-inflicted physical harm the fish comes to during the journey may not be claimed against. This policy is only valid until the fish is handed over to the customer and it does not insure any travelling time organised by the customer following the transfer of goods.
To claim on this policy the fish must be inspected on being handed over to the customer. If the fish is D.O.A then the delivery driver should verify and sign the paperwork accordingly. The box and fish must be returned with the delivery driver. The customer accepting the goods invalidates this policy.
This policy offers a replacement only service, where any fish against which a claim is made will be replaced at no charge on the next available shipment. If the variety is no longer available the customer will be given the option to wait for stock or ship another fish of similar value. Any difference in value will be paid for by the customer. This insurance does not pay for national shipping charges, and costs incurred in delivering the replacement fish to the customer will be charged for and must be paid before ordering the replacement.
90 Day Insurance
This provides a 90 day policy for the survival of the Arowana in the owners tank. It is offered on the understanding that the owner will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the wellbeing of his fish and failure to do so will invalidate the policy.
This includes the following: The fish must be placed within a mature tank within three hours of the handover of goods. Arowana killed by other fish in the tank, by pets, by the owner, by relatives of the owner, by force majeure, by failure of hardware and by jumping out of the tank, all invalidate this insurance. The fish must be kept within the recommended water parameters and correctly fed at all times.
This policy DOES NOT PROVIDE SHIPPING INSURANCE. It does not insure against the fish being transferred to a different tank or against any physical defects that result from the manor of keeping or conditions or environment in the tank.
In the event of the death of an insured Arowana, it is the customer’s responsibility to return the whole fish including microchip to our offices within 56 hours of death. It must be sent cooled with ice and with a sample of the water from the tank. Dissecting or removing any part of the fish before returning it to Arowana.co.uk invalidates the policy the fish must arrive entirely whole and intact for this policy to be valid. Arowana.co.uk must be notified of the death within 6 hours of it occurring and this notification must be supported with photographic evidence.
This Policy may only be claimed ONCE by any individual, and once used that individual may not be offered this policy in the future.
This policy offers a replacement only service, where any fish against which a claim is made will be replaced at no charge on the next available shipment. If the variety is no longer available the customer will be given the option to wait for stock or ship another fish of similar value. Any difference in value will be paid for by the customer. This insurance does not pay for national shipping charges, and costs incurred in delivering the replacement fish to the customer will be charged for and must be paid before the replacement can be ordered.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.